COMMUNITY UPDATE: Your Lasting Legacy at UHCL – Join the Student Center Planning Team!

Do you…

• want to make a lasting legacy at UHCL?
  • spruce up your resume with an impactful learning experience?
  • develop critical thinking and management skills through a long-term project?
  • volunteer your time as an active member of the Hawk community?

You are invited to join the UHCL Student Center Planning Team! The Student Center Planning Team is a group of students and staff who will lay the foundation for the construction of a future student center on campus!

What is a student center?

A student center, or student union, is the center for student life on a college campus. On most campuses, the student center provides meeting and event space for student organizations, a sense of belonging for individuals of diverse backgrounds, as well as dining and entertainment for student use.

What will the Student Center Planning Team do?

Members of this team will help research student center needs, determine the type of programs and services that will be offered, and contribute to the artistic design of the student center.

Members of the planning team will serve from March 2022 to May 2023. Members will be expected to work 3-5 hours each week on a variety of tasks that may include:

• Regular attendance at meetings with the planning team and external partners (architects, engineers, lawyers, vendors, and more).
  • Providing feedback via email and other platforms on designs and center elements.
  • Collaborate with staff and university administrators to plan out various aspects of the envisioned student center.
  • Conducting outreach to solicit student feedback and participation.
  • Visiting other campus student centers.

Why should I join this team?

By participating in this team, students will be able to:

• Engage in high impact experiential learning to put their classroom experience to the test.
  • Play a vital role in the function and development of the UHCL student center.
  • Develop skills in communication, accessibility, and sustainability.
  • Serve and network with leaders across UHCL, UH System, and the Houston community.

If I am not on this team, will I still be able to give feedback on the student center?

Yes! The team will gather feedback from students through surveys, Student Government, focus groups, and other formats to ensure an array of student voices are considered throughout this process.

Establish your legacy at UHCL and become part of the Student Center Planning Team!

Submit Your Interest Form Today!

Spots are limited. Complete the interest form by visiting this link: https://uhcl.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/527146.

Message retrieved from UHCL email communications

The Signal posts community updates on a regular basis to keep the campus updated on events, deadlines, policy changes and other important happenings around UHCL. Community updates can be submitted by any individual or organization here.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.