UHCL expands Wi-Fi options for Guests, Students, Faculty and Staff

With the growing use of e-readers, tablets, smartphones and other consumer electronics, UCT has addressed the need for expanded wireless Internet access.  UCT now offers the University community and guests a new wireless network which will provide access to Internet browsing without requiring a username and password.

By selecting the UHCLPublic wireless network and accepting the alert message displayed (see below), you will be connected directly to the Internet.  This is a non-encrypted wireless connection that will only provide access to Internet browsing.  No access will be provided to other UHCL computing services, e.g. printing or file-shares.

We encourage students, faculty, and staff to use the secure UHCL wireless (UHCLPrivate) for encrypted access to all UHCL and Internet services.

For computing devices that require a ‘simpler’ wireless connection, please access the UHCLPublic network.

For those who have been using our legacy wireless network (UHCL-L), we encourage you to migrate to the UHCLPrivate network at your earliest convenience but your current service will not be interrupted.

The UCT Support Center is available to answer your questions regarding this wireless network and all your UHCL computing needs.  It is located in the Bayou Building, Room 2300; by email at supportcenter@uhcl.edu; by phone 281-283-2828; or on the Internet at http://www.uhcl.edu/uct.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.